Why Buy Toyota Certified?
The best new cars make the best used cars.
It stands to reason that the better a product is made, the longer it will last, which makes getting a high-quality, low mileage Toyota at a great price a very savvy move.
Toyota's timeless commitment to quality, innovation, and durability is the foundation upon which the Toyota Certified Used Vehicles (TCUV) program launched in 1996. With each passing year the TCUV program has gained momentum totaling over three million sales and counting.
Along with industry-leading heritage comes another advantage: an exceptional coverage policy. With a 12-month/12,000-mile Comprehensive Warranty1, a 7-year/100,000-mile Limited Powertrain Warranty2, plus one full year of Roadside Assistance3, honored at more than 1,400 Toyota dealers in the U.S. and Canada, we've got you covered.
Our certification process keeps you in mind every step of the way. The TCUV standards apply from the time a Toyota dealer acquires the vehicle through to the final sale. Each candidate for certification can be a current model year vehicle, up to and including six year old models, with 85,000 miles or less on the odometer. Prior to the rigorous 160-point inspection every certified Toyota goes through, a CARFAX vehicle history report is reviewed to ensure that only the best of the best vehicles receive the Toyota Certified Seal of approval. Click here to learn more about the certification process.
Now how's that for peace of mind?
|Toyota Certified Program Benefits||Toyota Certified Authorized Dealer||Private Seller|
|1.||12-month/12,000-mile Comprehensive Warranty1||✓||✗|
|2.||7-year/100,000-mile Limited Power Train Warranty2||✓||✗|
|3.||1 year Roadside Assistance3||✓||✗|
|4.||160-Point Quality Assurance Inspection||✓||✗|
|5.||Free CARFAX® Vehicle History Report™4||✓||✗|
|6.||Standard New-Car Financing Rates Available5||✓||✗|
|7.||Extended Warranty Coverage (items 1, 2 and 3 above) transferable at no cost for added resale value.||✓||✗|
|8.||Reconditioned to Toyota's exacting standards by Toyota factory-trained technicians||✓||✗|
|9.||Warrant honored at over 1,400 Toyota dealers in the U.S. and Canada||✓||✗|
|11.||Trouble-free handling of your transaction, including DMV paper work.||✓||✗|
|12.||All important information clearly spelled out in your contract||✓||✗|
- Whichever comes first from date of Toyota Certified Used Vehicle purchase. The Comprehensive Warranty covers any repair or replacement of components which fail under normal use due to defect in materials or workmanship. (Program not available in Puerto Rico and Hawaii.)
- Whichever comes first from original date of first use when sold as new. See your Toyota Certified Used Vehicles dealer for warranty details. Program not available in Puerto Rico and Hawaii. For AL, FL, GA, NC & SC, warranty coverage differs in the following ways: 7-year or 100,000-mile Toyota Certified Limited Powertrain Warranty coverage begins on January 1st of the vehicle's model year and zero (0) odometer miles and expires at the earlier of seven years or 100,000 odometer miles.
- From date of Toyota Certified Used Vehicle purchase. Covers most services, including flat tires, lockout service, jump starts, fuel delivery up to 3 gallons and towing for mechanical breakdown or collision recovery to the nearest Toyota dealership. Services provided exclude any parts required. Coverage not available in Mexico. See Certified Warranty Supplement for warranty details.
- Beginning December 1, 2005 CARFAX® Vehicle History Reports™ are a required part of every Toyota Certified Used Vehicle. See your local dealer for details.
- Rates mentioned are for standard new car rates, and do not include new car specials or subvented rates. Not all buyers will qualify. Financing available through Toyota Financial Services for qualified buyers only.